In the year 2000, work commenced on building a state of the art winery, followed by the first crushing in the 2001 vintage.
The Shaw Family Vintners winery is ideally placed for future expansion. It is in close proximity to Adelaide and other super premium wine and grape growing districts, and takes advantage of the service opportunities and infrastructure this provides.
Winery facilities include:
- 7,500 tonne crushing capacity
- An EPA licence to process 20,000 tonnes
- Storage facilities for 5,400,000 litres
- Fermentation capacity for 1,500,000 litres - 1,500 tonnes per week
- Barrel storage facility for 3,800 oak barrels
- Environmentally sustainable waste water treatment facility